AHAVA Product Review Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: Product Review Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open to persons who are legal residents of, and physically located within, the 50 United States or D.C., and are eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Employees of AHAVA and its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotional agencies, judges and the immediate family members (herein, defined as spouse, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses, regardless of residence, and any person living in such a person's household, whether related or not) of each as well as the employees of any Sweepstakes administrator identified at the end of these Official Rules ("Administrator"), or of any company affiliated with the Sweepstakes and collectively with the foregoing persons or entities ("Sweepstakes Entities"), are not eligible to participate.
- ENTRY PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 12:01am Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on January 22, 2016, and ends at 11:59pm EST on February 28, 2016 ("Sweepstakes Entry Period").
- HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) methods of entry: the Online Method of Entry and the alternate Mail-in Method of Entry outlined below. Entries using macro, robotic, script or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. The "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an Internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
- ONLINE METHOD OF ENTRY: During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, eligible participants can enter the Sweepstakes by visiting http://www.AHAVAUS.com ("Website"), registering at AHAVAUS.com or signing in if you are already a registered member according to the instructions on the Website. After successfully submitting your feedback and checking the opt-in box to enter the Sweepstakes, you will automatically be entered into the Sweepstakes ("Online Entry"). Online Entries will be included in the Biweekly Entry Period during which they are received. Limit: one (1) Online Entry per person and/or per email address per day, regardless of whether one person has more than one email address or more than one person uses the same email address.
- ALTERNATE MAIL-IN METHOD OF ENTRY: To avoid providing feedback on a AHAVA product, you may enter by the alternate Mail-in Method of Entry instead of the Online Method described above. To enter via this method, handwrite your first and last name, street address and email address on a plain 3"x5" piece of paper and mail entry via first-class mail to: AHAVA Product Review Sweepstakes, 330 7th Avenue, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10001. ("Mail-in Entry"). Entry Period 1 Mail-in Entries must be postmarked by February 28, 2016, and received by March 5, 2016.
- PRIZES AND THEIR APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES ("ARV"): Five (5) $100 AHAVA eGift Cards ("Gift Card") will be awarded in total. The total ARV of all Prizes awarded is $500. Prizes may not be exchanged, returned, substituted or transferred. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winners must be of the age of majority in his/her state of residence, or if any Winner is under the age of majority in his/her state of residence (a "Minor"), his/her Prize may be awarded to his/her parent or legal guardian ("Parent"). Prizes pictured in advertising, marketing or promotional materials are for illustrative purposes only. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between statements contained in any such materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Any applicable taxes and all other costs/expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of each Winner. Limit: one Prize per person per household. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omission whatsoever with respect to any Prize. Prizes are nontransferable, and no substitutions or cash redemptions will be made, other than as provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a Prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason. Gift Cards are subject to the terms and conditions on the Gift Card.
- RANDOM DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION: One (5) potential winner ("Potential Winner") will be selected from the collective entries received for Entry Period in a random drawing. Entry Period 1 random drawing will be conducted on or about March 15, 2016. The Potential Winners need not be present to win, and will be contacted by email, phone or mail on or about two (2) business days after the random drawing using the contact information given at the time of entry in order to verify eligibility and confirm them as winners. Winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release ("Affidavit") at Sponsor or Administrator's discretion before they are confirmed as Winners. Should this be the case, the Potential Winners must return the completed Affidavit within five (5) business days from the date of notification or the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected at random. Once each Potential Winner's eligibility is verified, he/she will be confirmed as a winner ("Winner"). Prizes will be sent to the Winners within thirty (30) days from the date the Winners are confirmed.
By entering, except where prohibited by law, each entrant grants to the Sweepstakes Entities and their agents, successors and assigns the irrevocable, sub licensable, absolute and perpetual right and permission to use, edit, modify, cut, rearrange, add to, delete from, copy, reproduce, translate, separate, dub, adapt, publish, combine with other material, and exploit the content of and elements embodied in the entry, including, without limitation, the Entry Post, in any and all media (whether now existing or hereafter devised), including online and in digital media, in any language, throughout the world, and in any manner, including for trade, advertising, promotional, commercial, or any other purposes, without further review, notice, approval, consideration, or compensation. Each entrant agrees that the licensed entities may, but are not required to, attribute the entry (or any part thereof) to entrant. Each entrant waives and releases the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all claims that entrant may now or hereafter have in any jurisdiction based on “moral rights” or “droit moral” or unfair competition with respect to the Sweepstakes Entities’ exploitation of entries without further notification or compensation to entrant of any kind, and agrees not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against the Sweepstakes Entities, each of their licensees, or any other person in connection with this Sweepstakes, on the grounds that any use of any entry or element thereof (including the Entry Post) or derivative works therefrom, infringes or violates any of entrant’s rights (including
MORAL RIGHTS) therein.
Each participant acknowledges and agrees that nothing in these Official Rules will require a Sweepstakes Entity to use the entry in part or in whole or to include the entry in any Sweepstakes Entity-related property. Each entrant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between the entrant and each of the Sweepstakes Entities is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that the entrant’s decision to submit his/her entry for purposes of the Sweepstakes does not place any of the Sweepstakes Entities in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the entry (including all Entry Post), other than as set forth in these Official Rules.
Each entrant understands and acknowledges that Sponsor has wide access to ideas, essays, images, and other creative materials. Each entrant also acknowledges that many ideas or stories may be competitive with, similar to, or identical to his/her entry and/or each other in idea, components, format, or other respects. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that such entrant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of Sponsor’s use of any such similar or identical material that has or may come to Sponsor from other sources. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor does not now and will not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect,vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the entrant’s copyright in and to his/her entry or its constituent elements. Each entrant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by entrant relating to or arising out of a Sweepstakes Entity’s actual or alleged exploitation or use of any entry or other material submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable entrant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such entrant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition, or other exploitation of any Sweepstakes Entity property or product, and entrant’s rights and remedies in any such event are strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:NOTHING IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES LIMITS, EXCLUDES, MODIFIES OR PURPORTS TO LIMIT, EXCLUDE, OR MODIFY ANY STATUTORY CONSUMER GUARANTEE OR ANY IMPLIED CONDITION OR WARRANTY, THE EXCLUSION OF WHICH FROM THESE OFFICIAL RULES WOULD CONTRAVENE ANY STATUTE OR CAUSE ANY PART OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES TO BE VOID ("NON-EXCLUDABLE GUARANTEES"). SUBJECT TO THE LIMITATIONS IN THE PRECEDING SENTENCE AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY ANY MANDATORY PROVISIONS OF APPLICABLE LAW, THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS OF EACH (COLLECTIVELY “RELEASED PARTIES”) EXCLUDE FROM THESE OFFICIAL RULES ALL CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES, AND TERMS IMPLIED BY STATUTE, GENERAL LAW, OR CUSTOM, EXCEPT FOR LIABILITY IN RELATION TO A NON-EXCLUDABLE GUARANTEE. SUBJECT TO ANY NON-EXCLUDABLE GUARANTEES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASED PARTIES FOR ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR INJURIES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE OR AWARDING OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE PREPARING FOR, PARTICIPATING IN AND/OR TRAVELING TO OR FROM ANY PRIZE- OR SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INJURY, DAMAGE, DEATH, LOSS, OR ACCIDENT TO PERSON OR PROPERTY (COLLECTIVELY, “CLAIMS”). HOWEVER, BUT ONLY IF REQUIRED BY LAW IN YOUR JURISDICTION, THIS RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS, AND INDEMNIFICATION COMMITMENT DOES NOT APPLY TO CLAIMS OF BODILY INJURY OR LOSS OF LIFE OR TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY IS CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF SPONSOR OR OTHER THIRD PARTY, WHERE LIABILITY TO THE INJURED PARTY FOR SUCH CLAIM CANNOT BE EXCLUDED BY LAW.) ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE DECISION TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS STRICTLY VOLUNTARY AND, IN CONSIDERATION OF HIS OR HER PARTICIPATION, EXPRESSLY CONVENES NOT TO SUE ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FOR ANY CLAIMS. WINNER AGREES THAT THE PRIZE IS PROVIDED AS-IS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER ENACTED, RELATIVE TO THE USE OR ENJOYMENT OF THE PRIZE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), BEYOND ANY NON-EXCLUDABLE GUARANTEES. EACH ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY OF THE UNITED STATES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVED BY HIM/HER.
SECTION 1542 READS AS FOLLOWS: “CERTAIN CLAIMS NOT AFFECTED BY A GENERAL RELEASE. A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMERS:
Released Parties are not responsible and/or liable for any of the following, whether caused by a Released Party, the entrant, or by human error: entries that are submitted by illegitimate means (such as, without limitation, by an automated computer program) or entries in excess of the stated limit; any lost, late, incomplete, illegible, garbled, mutilated, or misdirected entries, e-mail, mail, social media message, or Sweepstakes-related correspondence or materials or postage-due mail; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission or communication; viruses or technical or mechanical malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable cable or satellite systems; errors, typos, or misprints in these Official Rules, in any Sweepstakes-related advertisements or other materials; failures of electronic equipment, computer hardware or software; lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications or entry information.
Rules, Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof in the event that any of the Sweepstakes activities or Released Parties’ operations or activities are affected, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, including, without limitation, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike(whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any law, rule, regulation, order or other action adopted or taken by any governmental, federal, state or local government authority, or any other cause, whether or not specifically mentioned above.
By entering the Sweepstakes (except where prohibited by law), each entrant grants the Sweepstakes Entities the irrevocable, sublicensable, absolute right and permission to use, publish, post or display his or her name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information, biographical information, any quotes attributable to him or her and any other indicia of persona (regardless of whether altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone, or used with other material in the Released Parties’ sole discretion) for advertising, trade, promotional and publicity purposes without further obligation or compensation of any kind to him or her, anywhere, in any medium now known or hereafter discovered or devised (including, without limitation, on the Internet), world-wide, without any limitation of time and without notice, review or approval and each entrant releases all Released Parties from any and all liability related thereto. Nothing contained in these Official Rules obligates Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted herein and winner waives any right to inspect or approve any such use.
Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes, including interpretation of these Official Rules and awarding of the prize. All participants, as a condition of entry, agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from this Sweepstakes. Participants further agree to not damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from using the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to restrict or void online entries or participation from any IP address if any suspicious entry and/or participation is detected. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void entries of any entrants who Sponsor believes have attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s failure to or decision not to enforce any provision in these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event there is an alleged or actual ambiguity, discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials and/or these Official Rules (including any alleged discrepancy or inconsistency in these Official Rules), it will be resolved in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND MAY SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the entrant and any Sweepstakes Entity, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the prize awarded, or the determination of the winner must be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted or entitled to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-pocket expenses (if any), not to exceed ten U.S. dollars ($10 USD), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. This Sweepstakes and any dispute arising under or related thereto (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without reference
to its conflicts of law principles. Any legal actions, suits or proceedings related to this Sweepstake (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be brought exclusively in the state or federal courts located in New York, New York, and each entrant accepts and submits to the personal jurisdiction of these Illinois courts with respect to any legal actions, suits or proceedings arising out of or related to this Sweepstakes.
WINNER’S LIST/OFFICIAL RULES:
To find out who won, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the following address within three (3) months of the end of the Sweepstakes Period: AHAVA Product Review Sweepstakes, 330 7th Avenue, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10001
THE SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR IS: AHAVA, 330 Seventh Avenue, NY, NY 10001